Yesterday I made play dough for the first time since we've been in this house. It's just plain uncoloured stuff, but I have been so amazed at how long Eli has spent playing with it. He spent at least 3 hours, non stop, playing with it yesterday afternoon, and then took it out again after supper! And this morning he had it out again for a good 2 hours. He made a volcano. "Mom, it took me a whole hour to make this volcano. Do you want to hold it?"
"Mom, I want to be a dentist when I grow up. I mean a scientist. I will make like play dough volcanoes." Mom thinks, "Hmmmm!" Eli continues, "I'll go into the classes and show the children the volcano. If they are Spanish, I can tell them, 'This is called a volcano.'" Comes and whispers in my ear, "How do you say "This is a volcano" in Spanish?" I answer that I think it's "Este es un ????? maybe 'vohl-cahn-o.'"
Eli whispers "How do you say, 'Hi! How are you?' in Spanish?" And after I tell, him, continues with a song, "Ho-o-o-la, pla-a-a-y-dough, teaching 'bout the volcano."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment