First, a series of three pictures showing a little of Micah's relationship with his Grandma. I just love these.
Our official "Quick, take a picture of the kids before we take the tree and decorations down" commemorative photo. I took two of these, and "The Grump" looks MUCH worse in the other one!
And, just for Joanne, I've added the other one!
What a mess this was to clean up, but I had to take a picture. A bit like the obligatory spahetti bowl dumped over the head photo, you know.
Fourth-generation musician building up his -hmmmm, repertoire? As you can see the evidence of if you click to see the larger photo, he is so dedicated he rushed there straight from the dinner table!
Micah also dabbles in interior decoration. Here we see him rearranging the fragile ornaments on the mantle to improve the feng shui of the room.
Eli is really into robotics. He is not going to settle much longer for creations that don't actually DO anything after all the work of connecting the intricate circuits. (The purple and black object is a working motorcycle motor).
The Young Performers' Studio: taking some time to reflect on one's role.
Our more mature performer. Here is Jesse in his role as Fyedke in the school performance of Fiddler on the Roof. It was a stunning performance. A local businesswoman attended the matinee and was so impressed with the high quality that she donated $5000 to the drama department for a real stage curtain. This is a very small school, too, maybe 350 students in 12 grades.
We were bursting with pride!
Art lesson: perspective. Amazingly, Eli already had a handle on this concept before any help!
A special moment with Mommy. (We know he needs a haircut. We think there must be a bit of hippy in us - as we can't bring ourselves to cut it yet!)

7 comments:
I can't believe how big Micah is getting! How old is he now?
Great update! And cute kids. Your little guy is just a little doll.
I did plays in high school, too, but so far none of my kids have any interest (except maybe my 8-yo.) For the rest, I'd have to threaten them with bodily harm to get them onstage. I don't get it . . .
It was very nice of that lady to make the donation!
You captures some great moments, but I gotta say, my favorite is probably in front of the Christmas tree. Bah humbug, lol.
Hi, guys! Mel, Micah just turned two a few days ago! Time flies so fast when they are little :(
Kristin, thanks for looking! My dh is a musician, so the kids are really used to seeing him onstage; already Micah knows how to command a mic, and the kids mostly seem to be very comfy up there. Without a performing dh, it might be very different, though. Maybe you need to get involved in drama yourself again! Our old homeschool group used to do yearly productions. Sounds like a job for you! LOL
Joanne, thanks! I think I will have to post the other-- worse-- one now, just for you! LOL
Great pictures! My own Micah was also in to everything at that age and he would dress himself in the most outlandish outfits. It was so cute. And cowboy boots with everything.
Okay, the second photo of Mr. Grumpy is even better. I had a good laugh. Just wait until he is older and laughs about it too and then goes back to remind you why he was grumpy.
Natalia, the photos are great! I'm sure that your kids are very interesting and talented people. Plus they are really really cute! They are a wonderful reflection of who you and your DH are. Congrats to Jesse on his performance! I can just imagine how proud you must have felt.
Post a Comment