Charis and Anya both had their hearts checked a couple of weeks ago. It was Charis's 5-yearly check, and everything was well! And Anya's heart seemed well, too. Neither of them had EKGs, but their echos and sounds were great.
In case you weren't aware, Charis was diagnosed with cor triatriatum* at 18 months old. She was already well into heart failure at that point and without surgery would have not lived more that a few days longer. She did have surgery, met Princess Diana, and is now a healthy 13 year old. Since then we have had all our babies' hearts checked before or shortly after birth. Only Micah had an anomaly, which I mentioned some time ago in this blog, I believe. He had an electrical impulse originating from the same chamber as Charis's issue, and going off in the wrong direction. The doctors said that it doesn't affect his heart's performance at all, for which we are very grateful. Some time I will share more of Charis's amazing story on here.
* http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/154168-overview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is great to hear that all is well. I bet it's a relief for you and the family.
Its great to hear things are good but my question is are you a leduc or why does my family (old) picture of them appear or your blog, if you can help id like this alot......joey leduc.
p.s my email is cudel@amtelecom.net
Post a Comment