Monday, May 11, 2009

Please pray for my cousin's daughter...

Hannah is about 26 years old, and last year was diagnosed with a tumour on her thalamus. She had surgery to remove what they could, plus other treatments. This year the tumour grew again, and recently her grandfather (my uncle) wrote:

"Hannah is not doing well. She maintains her sweet accepting spirit, remembers events from beyond the recent past, but has almost no short-term memory and can no longer stand or walk. She is surrounded by loving family and we are all appreciative of the in-home care she receives.

To think that we may be losing such a wonderful grandaughter is almost too difficult. Thank you for your love and continued prayers."

I learned that she has a hospital bed at home, and can sit in a wheelchair too. She is still getting some kind of chemotherapy, also. Her mother (my cousin Wendy) and my aunt and uncle are there all the time to help.

I have lost a child, but not had one facing this sort of thing. I hope to visit next week with my parents.

I know there aren't many people who read my blog, but I and Hannah's family would appreciate any prayer you could offer for her.

Thank you sincerely.

No comments: